Thursday, December 20, 2007

Waiyaki Character SHeet

Name:________________________
Invitation:

You are invited to a costume tea party next class. We will provide tea and finger food, but you will be the life of the party. Sharpen you acting skills, find a fitting costume if you like, but you must transform into a character from The River Between.

Specific Instructions

1. Know your info
You are to become the character described below. Please know the information about yourself- get into character enough- so that you can mingle with the other characters and share the valuable information. Note: your classmates are depending on you, and only you, for information about this character. You will not be able to read/refer to the information once the party begins.

Waiyaki

I am the main character, and I grow from a boy into a man during this story. I believe I am a chosen leader for my people. They call me “The Teacher”. However, I am torn between the traditional ways of my people and the magic of the white man. My eyes are what I often use instead of words to communicate. Some people have said that I have the eyes of my father….they remain young as I grow older. I am in love with Nyambura, a girl from the village across the river. Her father hates me.


2. Name tag

Please make a name tag that you will wear during the party and turn in afterward. The tag must include your character’s name written clearly and must have a symbol or drawing that represents the character. Bonus points will be awarded if the tag is exceptionally well done.

3. Brief Prediction

As your character, answer the following question on the back of your name tag in a sentence or two-MAX!

Q: Nyambura has invited you to a church social. Will you go?

No comments: